PwC UK won ‘Leadership of the Year’ category in the UK Social Mobility Awards 2021. PwC is a global professional services firm and aims to be an inclusive organisation where people of all backgrounds can work, develop, and thrive. The firm were acknowledged for their commitment to social mobility and for being advocates for the cause In addition to being supporters of the SOMOs, PwC previously won ‘Organisation of the Year’ in 2020.
The firm set themselves apart by:
- Publishing their socio-economic pay
- Helping to establish a ColourBrave Charity Committee, an initiative to promote racial equality
- Championing social mobility, advocating it to even more businesses for example through the Plymouth Children in Poverty Committee which they founded
- Encouraging employers to be more aware and act on social mobility issues
PwC UK also worked with other professional services firms and the ICAEW to found and support RISE, a skills development programme aiming to raise the aspirations of young people from less advantaged Socio-economic backgrounds.
During 2020-21, through PwC’s own schools’ engagement programme:
- 18,000 students were reached from social mobility cold spots
- 600 schools were involved across the UK
- 224 less-advantaged students received paid work experience
Hollie Crompton, the Social Mobility Lead at PwC UK, stated, “You can’t drive forward change unless you’ve got supportive leadership”.
To read PwC’s full Case Study, click here.
To read the full Case Study Report for the SOMO 2021 winners, click here.
Follow the UK Social Mobility Awards on social media for all the latest news and updates.